Sunday, April 24, 2011

English Paper Piecing



Here I was at the beginning of a fun new project! I was so happy with my collection of tools and fabrics, it is always so exciting to start a new project and imagine how it will come out. Here you see a collection of my supplies to begin English Paper Piecing (EPP). There are my wonderful Jo Morton fabrics, my hexegons with holes punched in the center (a project in themselves), my favorite little scissors (a gift from a dear girl), my magnifiers, some applique pins, and thread. Oh and that tan dot you see is on the scissors is my thimble pad, the only thimble I have found that I can use. They are stuck every where in my house. I even found one on a bookcase recently, I must have had something to do in the area that required the pad's removal. One never knows?

Now there are six EPP flowers. They are all so much fun to make and so satisfying when finished.  I couldn't wait to show them off, see the needle and thread connected to the last one? The instructions I am using for this project are in Kathleen Tracy's Civil War Sewing Circle and the pattern is called Hexagon Flowers Doll Quilt. The book gives very good instructions on EPP and where to get the hexagons online. How fantastic, I really am enjoying this project!



Well here they are! I enjoyed making the flowers so much I made enough for two doll quilts, two pincushions, and with one left over! Of course there is the quilting still to be done, but we will save that for another day. I am beginning to believe that I should call myself a piecer instead of quilter, as I have sooooo many projects yet to quilt! I have the know how and the capability, but alas no desire! There are so many tops to piece and so little time! So much fabric to play with! Oh well it will be what it is, after all I'm not dead yet.

I hope you take a bash at this fun project, it very portable and can be completed anywhere! Have a Happy Easter and a Great Spring!


1 comment:

  1. I have Tracy's book and have been admiring the hexagon doll quilt for a while now. Just haven't done anything about making one. Yours look good.

    ReplyDelete