Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm not dead yet, it could still happen...


This is my design wall, as you can see I am working on many projects. Most of these projects are done minus the quilting, my point of hesitation. I love to piece and I love the finished projects, but when it comes to that in between step-the quilting-I falter. Now I would love to say that my design wall still looks like this January picture, but alas I am afraid that many of the projects have been layered to make room for more started projects. The JLWC quilt in the top right is in a hoop and has a little hand quilting done, but the others have been moved over to the left on top of their companions to make room for, oh three or four other projects. They are all lovely projects, but as I said "I love to piece and plan and cut"!

I promised myself that last weekend would be a finishing weekend, but it was indeed a cozy weekend. You see we had 8" of spring snow that put me in a less than Springy finishing mood, I think instead of finishing I cleaned the cellar? Oh well at least I got something accomplished. So of course I said to myself, I will have a finishing day on my next day off! Yes, yes I will! And I did, I did! I made a pillow from an applique block I found years ago at a flea market. Oh yes, and I did cut out 10 fabric shopping bags from on old shower curtain that I found the weekend before when I was cleaning out the cellar, that counts...doesn't it? Okay, I guess not, well at least I was helping the environment.

Oh, oh and I did also stop at my friends house and help her sort through her fabric. My friend is really a bastket weaver, rug hooker, and braider and has decided that quilting just doesn't fit in her tiny house. I had to help her out, right? Of course she did have three projects that were basted and partially quilted, afterall it will only take a minute to finish them and yes you guessed it! I have three more quilts to quilt! So maybe I should really stick to my finishing guns or should I just say "I'm not dead yet, it could still happen....I could get it all done...someday?"

So I promise that my next weekend off will be a finishing weekend, that is if the sun isn't to perfect to garden all day or there isn't a new technique I can not resist. I will, I will finish something!

No comments:

Post a Comment